Monday 9 June 2008

Heating, how to get rid

Hi humans! How are you faring? What with all this talk of recession in America, house prices crashing, inflation soaring. The only thing that affects me is the high oil and petrol prices. I only do about thirty to the gallon at the best of times and I must confess I am running just a wee bit under par so I dread to think how much I am costing to run. Still if you want the best cars...... I tend to cut out when I come to rest which is annoying David a little, not much because he seems to like me so much he doesn't complain. Although Ray keeps telling him to take me down to see Jim at Wallhouse Motors for a quick tune up. As he says these things don't get better only worse. I think Dave has a lot on his mind what with the Shareworld website going great guns. Have a look at the new features. http://www.shareworld.co.uk
He has also started another website trying to impart his knowledge gained through three years of Shareworld to others. He likes learning and improving himself all the time. Have a look over to the links on the right, under Website Design & Promotion, if you can drag yourself away from my Blog!
So, I am afraid there is not much to say about myself, apart from the fact that the boys spent a lot of time last winter getting my heating system working. Do you remember all that palaver with those flexy aluminium hoses? Anyway every time I took the pair of them on a reasonably long trip they sweated like proverbial pigs. Mind you they brought back some French Brie from Paxton & Whitfield in Jermyn Street, near StJames's (yes this is a plug, if you haven't been there and you like cheese, go!)and what with the heat in the car, the Brie got really runny and delicious by the time they got home (about twenty miles). I digress, as usual. Anyway after a few months of British summer (?) Ray insisted they try and do something about the heat. One of the heater controls had been fixed open with a plastic tie so that was cut free and the other one......well, the other one actually worked!! So once again the boys are surprised to see that things still work, if only they had faith! Cool, as they say.

No comments: